Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday T Shirt Redo

Thrifty Thursday for Thursdays?  Maybe.  Let's see how I can get it to develop.

Since I've been laid up after foot surgery, I've been a serious Pinterest-aholic. I mean, I really should have an intervention, but I think that'll push me further into my Candy Crush addiction.  What's a gimpy girl to do?

One of the things I've really been looking at is how to redo T Shirts.  I am one of the biggest Yankee fans around, so I have a ton of Yankee shirts that I cannot part with, but don't necessarily wear.  One of the first things I made was a bag for my scooter.  I can't see buying a basket for it for 3 weeks.  Besides, I can keep using it well after I can walk.


It was super easy, but you should use a sewing machine.  I think hand sewing might be good enough, but I used a zig-zag stitch and went over the bottom seam about 3 times to ensure that it would be sturdy enough for what ever I put in it.  I'm not entirely happy the boxy bottom of it, so I think I'm going to pull it in a little to make it a little more rounded, but that's just me being picky.

Here's the original blog with better instructions than mine.  

The second redo I did this week was to make a tank top out of an old t shirt.  I've been looking on Yankees.com at all the official tanks they sell.  And as much as I could see myself plunking down a cool $100 for a few of them, I just can't afford that right now.  So, I remade one.  And I actually love it!  I'm going to do a few more of my shirts just like this one!


I was thinking I could do these for Riley, my 6 year old.  And use some really pretty ribbon for the straps.  

Here is the original blog for instructions for this redo.  

One of our local thrift stores is having a $0.99 sale on all summer stuff this Saturday.  I see me scooting through that store, with my new Yankees bag, filling a basket (or I should say my hubby filling a basket) with t shirts galore!

If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can do it here to see my board of t shirt redo inspiration.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment